|International Organisation, based in TUNIS is looking for a finance officer|
International Organisation, based in TUNIS is looking for :
A FINANCE OFFICER
Description of post:
1- Responsible for the administration of bank and cash payments in all currencies for the office. This includes, among others, local staff salaries’ calculation and payment, social security, tax, staff benefits,
2- Check and verify that payments are properly documented and ensure compliance with the procedures.
3- Prepare payment authorizations, request bank transfers, obtain the monthly bank statements and prepare the monthly bank reconciliation and cash count.
4- Follow up on a monthly basis the reimbursement of private expenses from the staff.
5- Monitor and closely follow up the working advances to the partners to the staff. Ensure that advances are reconciled and cleared on a regular basis.
6- Prepare and monitor the Delegation’s budgets, including revisions, whenever required.
7- Prepare the project expenditure approval requests for the office projects and any subsequent revisions.
8- Monthly closing of the office accounts in Coda.
9- Ensure the validity and reconciliation of all Balance sheet accounts.
10- Obtaining the project forecasts. Review and prepare the monthly cash request.
11- Carry out finance training for office and staff when appropriate and/or requested.
12- Prepare financial reports and/or financial analysis for the programs, when requested.
13- Process monthly financial transactions through Coda financial system, effectively use Federation’s Apple and Business Objects systems.
14- Ensure that monthly field returns’ files are properly documented before submitting for checking. Maintain a proper filing system for all financial documentation
PERSON SPECIFICATION REQUIRED:
* In good mental and physical health
* University degree majoring in accountancy/and or recognized professional accountancy qualification
* Experience 3 years accountancy and finance experience or 2 years if holding professional accountancy agencies
* 2 years experience with an international organisation , NGOs and/or governmental development agencies
*PREFERRED : Experience of working in lateral relationship in an advisory function supporting and advising financial staff
* PREFERRED Experience of supporting senior management with financial advice
* REQUIRED : Experience in developing budgets and plans and financial analysis
*REQUIRED: Advanced skills in using computers– (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
* PREFERED: Knowledge and experience of CODA accounting software
* REQUIRED : English – Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
French – Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
Arabic – Fluency in speaking, reading and writing
PREFERRED: Skills in training and developing staff
Demonstrated skill in analytical thinking
* REQUIRED: Ability to work well in a team
High degree of integrity, discretion and professional conduct
Self-motivated and proactive with good judgment
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY, TO START WORKING WITH US BY THE 15/03/2013
PLEASE SEND YOUR MOTIVATION LETTER +CV TO
email@example.com Before 07/03/2013